All ESET products have the ability to detect malware pre-execution, during execution and post-execution. Additional layers can be implemented in the form of cloud sandbox analysis with ESET Dynamic Threat Defense and endpoint detection and response with ESET Enterprise Inspector. By focusing on the entire malware lifecycle, ESET provides the highest level of protection possible.
ESET products continue to excel in the performance arena, with third-party test results confirming how lightweight our endpoints are on systems. ESET Security for SharePoint is built on 64-bit core and includes DLL modules to ensure more RAM saving and faster computer startup times; also enables native support for future Windows updates.
All ESET products currently use machine learning in conjunction with all of our other layers of defense and have done so since 1997. Specifically, machine learning is used in the form of consolidated output and neural networks.
Businesses need to be protected from ransomware attacks and ensure their network drives and SharePoint databases cannot be encrypted.
- On upload of a file into the SharePoint Server, ESET scans files to ensure they are not malicious.
- Network Attack Protection has the ability to prevent ransomware from ever infecting a system by stopping exploits at the network level.
- Our multilayered defense features an in-product sandbox that has the ability to detect malware that attempts to evade detection by using obfuscation.
- Leverage ESET’s cloud malware protection system to automatically protect against new threats without the need to wait for the next detection update.
- All products contain post-execution protection in the form of Ransomware Shield to ensure that businesses are protected from malicious file encryption.
- If ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint is unsure of a potential threat, it has the ability to upload the sample to ESET’s cloud sandbox, ESET Dynamic Threat Defense, to make the highest quality decision on whether something is malicious.
The ESET difference
An additional layer protecting users from ransomware. Our technology monitors and evaluates all executed applications based on their behavior and reputation. It is designed to detect and block processes that resemble the behavior of ransomware.
Network Attack Protection
ESET Network Attack Protection improves detection of known vulnerabilities on the network level. It constitutes another important layer of protection against spreading malware, network-conducted attacks and exploitation of vulnerabilities for which a patch has not yet been released or deployed.
Behavioral detection - HIPS
ESET's Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) monitors system activity and uses a pre-defined set of rules to recognize and stop suspicious system behavior.
AMSI/Protected service support
ESET products leverage the Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI) to provide enhanced malware protection for users, data, applications and workload. It utilizes the protected service interface, a new security module built into Windows, that only allows trusted, signed code to load and better protects against code injection attacks.
Database direct access
An optional method to pull files where ESET Security for SharePoint bypasses the SharePoint object model and pulls the file directly from the dedicated database server to provide even better performance.
ESET Botnet Protection detects malicious communication used by botnets, and at the same time identifies the offending processes. Any detected malicious communication is blocked and reported to the user.
All ESET security products are managed from a single pane of glass that can be installed on Windows or Linux. In addition to installing, ESET has a virtual appliance that you can import for quick and easy setup.
Explore our customized solutions
Please leave us your contact details so we can design a personalized offer to fit your requirements.
- Operating systems:
Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008
Microsoft Small Business Server 2011, 2008, 2003
- Supported SharePoint versions
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016, 2013, 2010, Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise 2010, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Compatible with ESET Security Management Center and ESET Remote Administrator 6. See more information about remote management compatibility.
Looking for additional solutions?
Related enterprise-grade solutions
Related products and services
- ESET Enterprise Inspector
EDR solution that empowers security teams to hunt for malicious activity by applying behavioral and machine learning algorithms.
- ESET Dynamic Threat Defense
Cloud-based sandboxing technology detects never before seen or zero-day threats.
- ESET Security Management Center
Real-time network security visibility, reporting and management on a single screen.???????
- ESET Endpoint Security
Award-winning multilayered technology combining machine learning, big data and human expertise.
Stay on top of cybersecurity news
Brought to you by respected security researchers from ESET's 13 global R&D centers.
We Live Security blog
Marcus Hutchins, who is best known for his inadvertent role in blunting the WannaCryptor outbreak two years ago, may now face a stretch behind bars
Microsoft has admitted that some users of its web-based email services such as Outlook.com have had their account information and, in some cases, even email contents exposed